Thursday 8 June 2017

Why is God's Justice Just?

In my previous post, I wrote about who angers god. It's the cruel actions and rejection of his law which upsets him. But what makes God's justice just?

First of all, God created everything. He has the right to do whatever he wants with it, including us. Isaiah 44:24 (KJV) explains, "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;"

Furthermore, God always gives good things to those who follow him, even when things seem bad. He said in Jeremiah 9:24 (KJV), "But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise loving kindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD."

The Lord also knows us through and through. Unlike people who can only judge external actions, he sees our intentions. As it says in Jeremiah 11:20 (KJV), "But, O LORD of hosts, that judgest righteously, that triest the reins and the heart, let me see thy vengeance on them: for unto thee have I revealed my cause."

Likewise, we can see that God's word cuts through all human pretence. Hebrews 4:12 (KJV) reads, "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

I could find many other scriptures to prove God's just judgement but this post would become too long. Instead, I'll save that for my next book, which I'm still working on, called You Think You're Going to Heaven? Far too many people are living as if their deeds and membership in churches guarantees their home in heaven. Only by repenting of sinful ways and following Christ will any of us make it into his eternal dwelling place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.