Tuesday 27 June 2017

What Else Does God Feel?

I've previously dealt with God's wrath but which other emotions does he feel? Surprisingly to some, he feels a wide range of them.

The Lord finds the threats of us puny beings humorous. Psalms 2:4 (KJV) says, "He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the  Lord shall have them in derision."

Psalms 37:13 (KJV) likewise states, "The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that  his day is coming."

God also feels regret. In Genesis 6:7 (KJV) he says, "And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them." The word "repenteth" in that instance means that God felt regret.

The Lord also feels gladness. Examine what Deuteronomy 30:9 (KJV) says. "And the LORD thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the LORD will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers:"

We also know from prophecy that Jesus, the second member of the Trinity, felt sorrow. Isaiah 53:4 (KJV) describes him this way. "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our  sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and  afflicted."

God also felt frustrated at those who habitually turned from him. Numbers 14:11 (KJV) shows his exasperation. "And the LORD said unto Moses, How long  will this people provoke me? and how long will it be ere they  believe me, for all the signs which I have showed among them?"

I could list other scriptures showing the range of emotions felt by all three members of the Trinity. Instead, I'll save those for my next book called You Think You're Going to Heaven? Far from being always angry, the Father feels joy, sorrow, and even regret. People need to understand that God isn't some sort of impersonal force but a dynamic and infinitely wise deity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.