Thursday 19 January 2017

Won't I Just Be Reincarnated?

I remember a conversation I had in high school with a student who believed in reincarnation. If I had known back then what I know now, I could have quoted scripture and reasoned logically with him.

According to the Bible, there are no past lives. Many reincarnationist think that their feelings of past lives indicate that they had one or more of them. But are feelings validators of reality? We know from the use of modern psychotropic drugs that they are unreliable.

Furthermore, some confused believers clame that the Bible says we had past lives. They quote Jeremiah 1:5 (KJV) which says, "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." This doesn't mean that God knew them as existing spirits before conception but that he had a purpose for him, and for us as well.

Those Christians who aspouse reincarnation ought to study Hebrews 9:27 (KJV) which states, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"

The Apostle Paul knew this and that we would be in the presence of the Lord when we die. He wrote in 2 Cor 5:8 (KJV), "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be  absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

And if we were reincarnated, why did Christ say to Nicodemus that he must be born again if he had already been reborn over and over? Many passages in the New Testament describe how we are born into fallen bodies and that we need both physical and spiritual redemption. The only spiritual rebirth we need is provided by Christ's perfect sacrifice on the cross and resurrection.

All the religions which teach reincarnation are based on the idea that time is circular. We, according to them, are stuck on a Karmic wheel and we must work in our many lives to better ourselves to escape it. But that's not what Scripture teaches.

It's for this reason that I'm striving to correct the notions of those who say they're Christians. Some have never surrendered control of their lives to Jesus Christ and refuse to obey him.

My next book will be called You Think You're Going to Heaven? I want readers to learn the truth instead of fables.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.