Thursday 13 October 2016

Does God Excuse Inherited Sin?


Returning to the topic of dead babies, I need to explain that inherited sin isn't excused by God. David was correct when he wrote in Psalm 51:5 (KJV), "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me." Therefore, we all inherited the sentence of death promised by God to Adam in Genesis chapter three.

Even so, God hates sin but he loves sinners. We know that from Romans 6:23 (KJV) which says, "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." This applies to us but what of those who can't even form the words and intention to repent?

We all understand that 1 Corinthians 15:22 (KJV) states, "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." This includes infants who died inside and out of the womb.

Jesus especially loved babies and young children. Look at what is written in Luke 18:15 (KJV), "And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them." Our Lord also likened new believers as babes. This is because infants are helpless and they can't even speak.

But what of Adam's sin which we all inherited? Jeremiah 1:5 (KJV)says, "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." How then can God sanctify an infant in the womb if that person is an unforgiven sinner who can't repent?

I'll be delving much deeper into this subject in my next book called You Think You're Going to Heaven. This topic is germane to my book's topic as it concerns one's eternal destiny. After all, God would be a monster if he condemned people for being born sinful but without the ability to seek forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.