Thursday 29 September 2016

Is your Religion a Fake?

I'm sure you've heard about the knock-off Rolex watches which are sold to unsuspecting customers. The time pieces look genuine but they've really been manufactured illegally.

Spiritually, there are many counterfeit versions of Christianity being peddled by TV preachers and writers of popular paperbacks.

As with spiritual matters, nobody likes to be fooled into parting with their hard-earned money and then discovering what they bought was a forgery. This happened to me recently when I bought what I thought was a real Velociraptor egg from a shop. Only later did I read the fine print on the  enclosed card that said it was only a replica.

I had the same thing happen with an album titled Beatlemania. I found it in a second hand shop and assumed it might be one of those early pressings from the band on small American labels. The record was really by some guys calling themselves The Beat Boys. They covered five Beatles tunes, and VERY badly too,  as well as seven of their own songs.

So how can we believe the truth in this world of lies? Truth goes against the grain of human nature. It also can be shown to be false upon closer examination. Jesus said in John 8:32 (KJV),  "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." Lies bind people like animals when they go for the bait in the traps.

Had I been trained to read the Bible correctly, I would never have fallen into the trap of a cult. Read how God providentially rescued me and put me right in How I Was Razed, for sale now on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.