Tuesday 27 September 2016

Are We Not Gods?

As I've pointed out many times, so-called anointed prophets wrench scripture verses way out of their context. In some cases, they'll even misquote portions of scripture to fit their wicked notions.

Psalm 82:6 (KJV) is a case in point. It reads, "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High."

Unstable teachers have misled their followers to believe that we are "little gods" who are empowered by God Almighty. Others taught, and still teach, that God was once a man who lived on another planet and eventually became a god. They even claim that we'll be gods of our own planets in the future.

As in many misreading of Bible texts, these wicked preachers pay zero attention to the context of the verse. The psalm is actually about judgement on Israel. You can easily see that fact in the preceding verses.

Immediately in the next verse, the real God puts that notion to death. The verse plainly states, "But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes." It's obvious that the declaration about being gods is a mockery of the leaders who had the power of life and death over the Israelites.

For this reason, and many others, it's imperative that every single Christian know their scriptures and learn how to read them properly. I never received such training and that gap in my education led me into a cult. Read about how God rescued me and put me right in How I Was Razed by visiting Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.