Thursday 4 August 2016

How Does Our Faith Help us in This World?

One objection I often hear from non Christians is that we who believe in Christ teach a pie-in-the-sky religion. It does nothing good for us now and it only makes its adherents miserable. We know differently but they don't. Therefore, I want to point out a few scriptures to refute their assertions.

As adopted children in Christ's spiritual family, we are provided with what we need in this world. Look at what the Bible in Basic English says about this matter in Mark 10:28 to 30. "Peter said to him, 'See, we have given up everything, and come after you.' Jesus said, 'Truly I say to you, There is no man who has given up house, or brothers, or sisters, or mother, or father, or children, or land, because of me and the good news, Who will not get a hundred times as much now in this time, houses, and brothers, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and land--though with great troubles; and, in the world to come, eternal life.'"

But what of Christians who have families and haven't left home? The Apostle Paul wrote in Philippians 4:19 (KJV) "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Since this is so, why are some believers dirt poor? This isn't because of a lack of faith, as charismatic preachers claim, but God always gives us what we need, not what we think we need. As Jesus said to the crowd in his Sermon on the mount in Matthew 7:11 (KJV) "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?"

I once believed that the heavenly Father was stingy because he wouldn't give me 20/20 vision. I wanted it so I could give him glory and so I could find a job easier. Now I know that he gave me much more spiritually and even physically than I could have imagined back then. I wrote about this marvelous transformation of my soul in a book called How I Was Razed. Read more about this miraculous testimony at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.