Thursday 11 August 2016

But Why Do Christians Still Suffer?

In my previous post, I mentioned the benefits of surrendering our lives to Christ. Some people might wonder why then do Christians suffer mistreatment. Look at what Christ said in Mark 10:30 (KJV), "But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life."

The Apostle Paul recognized the good that persecution eventually accomplishes when he wrote in 2 Corinthians 12:10 (KJV), "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." The strength he spoke of comes from God working through him.

Paul also wrote in 2 Timothy 13:10 to 12, "But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience, Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."

So why bother being an outspoken Christian when it earns you abuse? Paul wrote in Philippians 3:14 (KJV), "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." And what a glorious prize it is too.

Satan hates the truth and wants to stifle or distort it. We by our very belief in Christ  wage war against him. Therefore, he tries everything in his power to destroy or distract us.

In my next book called You Think You're Going to Heaven, I'll outline just how the Devil seeks to destroy humanity and how to avoid being his inmate in hell. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.