Thursday 26 May 2016

Why Do Some Believe Incorrectly?

 Continuing on with my theme of who will or won't believe, I present what Jesus said regarding the parable he told of the four kinds of ground which the gospel seeds fell into. Matthew 13:18-23 (KJV) reads:

    18  Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
    19  When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and  understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth  away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received  seed by the way side.
    20  But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he  that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
    21  Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when  tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he  is offended.
    22  He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth  the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches,  choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
    23  But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth  the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth  forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Christ had a large following of believers but almost all of them had ulterior motives. As he said in John 6:26 (KJV), "Jesus answered them and said, 'Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.'"

Many folks are like that today. They only want God to give them what they crave without surrendering their lives to him. The Bible says that only dedicated followers of Christ will be admitted to his kingdom.

In my How I Was Razed memoir, I demonstrated how an errant house church misled me and how I found the truth at last. Please check it out on Amazon or message me on Facebook or Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.