Tuesday 12 April 2016

Do You Really Know Christ?

In past posts, I've mentioned that we must have a personal relationship with Jesus in order to be saved and go to heaven. But some folks might sincerely think they know the Lord without really knowing him.

How can this be? The word "know" has an additional meaning in the Bible which isn't found in the world's literature. To know somebody in the biblical sense of the word means to have intimate relations with that person.

A good example of this is when Adam and Eve were created. Genesis 4:1 (KJV) says, "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, 'I have gotten a man from the LORD.'" It's obvious what happened there.

Jesus called his followers his sheep. He said in John 10:14 (KJV) "I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine." Knowing Christ then means a spiritually intimate relationship, not merely knowing about him.

Just as in marriage when a man and a woman become one flesh, so we must give ourselves to our Lord and Saviour. And just as couples grow in love with one another, barring disagreements and fights of course, so we grow in our love of Christ.

How glad I am that I know Jesus for who he really is. A sick house church minister taught me lies about the Godhead to the point where I turned against them for nine lonely years. How I Was Razed shows how the heavenly Father gently guided me to proper Bible teachers. What a wonderful difference knowing the Saviour makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.