Thursday 25 February 2016

Have You Changed?



I wrote last time about how we have only two choices for our eternal destinies. Either we choose to be with the Lord forever or spend the rest of eternity with Satan.

Having written that, I also understand that many people think they're born again but they actually aren't. They made a "decision" but they weren't committed to following Jesus all their lives.

So, how can we tell the difference between the true and false followers? Jesus said in Matthew 7:16 (KJV) "Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?" People who truly follow Christ naturally exhibit good deeds and conduct their lives honourably. False believers remain unchanged and therefore continue to live like the world does.

Many folks do good works and act nicely to supposedly gain favour with God. As I've pointed out before, Matthew 7:21-28 shows that those who performed acts of kindness weren't doing them to show off. They genuinely cared for the sick, the imprisoned, the widows, and the rest.

What then must we do? Heed the warning Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 13:5 (KJV). "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?"

Run a  metaphorical diagnostic program on your motives for being a Christian. Pray a prayer like Psalms 26:2 (KJV).  "Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart." God knows your mind so you can't keep any secrets from him.

I'm writing my next book called You Think You're Going to Heaven?, because I want nobody to end up on the left side of Christ on Judgement Day. Meanwhile, I'll continue to blog on the subject of salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.