Thursday 14 January 2016

Why no Miracles Today?


 This used to be my number one question. I've written about it in my previous post but I'll now elaborate on why we don't see miracles today.

A miracle is an event which has no natural explanation. The Bible contains accounts of many such inexplicable occurrences which could only be explained by God's intervention. But why isn't the Lord intervening today?

Preachers claim to be faith healers, yet folks such as myself are turned away from healing crusades. I also prayed ernestly for my eyes to be healed but nothing ever happened. In fact, I suffered a hemorrhage in my left eye which caused me to reject God. Because many people told me I had a lack of faith, hidden sin, lust for sight, and ancestral sins blocking my healing, I assumed God was stingy and uncaring.

 Nothing could be further from the truth. I'd been misled by charismatic leaders to believe that I had to have faith the size of a mustard seed in order to get a miracle from God. As I pointed out in my previous post, those who did see real miracles still refused to believe. That was their lack of faith, not some sort of spiritual energy strong enough to trigger God's power.

"What about all those reports of miracles by Christians?" some ask. I don't doubt that the Lord does miraculous deeds on occasion. What I do question is assertions of miracles by well-paid preachers. From what I know of the Bible, miracles are God's way of validating his message. Furthermore, he sovereignly decides if or when they should happen.


How I Was Razed is my testimony regarding my spiritual journey to the proper relationship with the heavenly Father. Please click that link and discover how wonderful being providentially led out of error is.


"But how can we believe the Bible?" some might ask. I'll deal with that question in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.