Thursday 31 December 2015

How Could God Forgive What I Did?




Have you ever felt that some wicked deed you did in the past was so horrible that God couldn't possibly forgive you? The truth is that the only unforgivable sin is resisting God's command to repent and follow Christ during your lifetime. Whoever wrote the book of Hebrews in the Bible stated that it's appointed unto man once to die and then the judgement.

During our threescore and ten, we have enough time to surrender our lives to the Lord. Death is the cut off point where repentance is no longer possible. I know it doesn't sound fair but that's the way the Lord set things up.

But how can the Lord forgive heinous sins? It's only because Jesus voluntarily took on the punishment for whosoever believed in his authority over humanity and followed him.

Examine the lives of the saints and you'll see how bad some were. Moses was a murderer, yet he led the Israelites out of bondage in Egypt. David committed adultery with Bathsheba and had her husband killed in battle, yet he was forgiven. Many of the people mentioned in Hebrews chapter eleven had checkered pasts, yet they all placed their hope in the messiah.

Since God is eternal and knows everything, nothing you did can surprise him. He's just waiting for you to ask for forgiveness and turn from serving your own desires.

Though I feel ashamed at turning my back on God for nine years, I know that he forgave me. My How I Was Razed book shows how merciful the heavenly Father was and still is. Please contact me to find out more amazing facts about my awesome testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.