Tuesday 15 December 2015

Don't Worship Idols, Do I?

I Believe it or not, all of us have either worshipped idols of our own choosing or still do so today. How so? Whatever takes precedence in our lives is what we worship. Some folks worship sports heroes. Others worship science, like a certain friend of mine does. Mostly though, we tend to worship ourselves. The fact that we get offended by criticism of what we love proves it.

In my case, electronic music was an over-arching passion. During my rebellion against God, I deeply admired Kraftwerk. Ralf Hutter and the rest of the band members showed me that I didn't need rack upon rack of costly keyboards to make my own electronic music.

As you can see on my YouTube channel, I was deeply into the genre. Now there's nothing wrong with electronic music. What is wrong is when it, or any other passion, supplants God. When I rebelled against the Lord due to what I learned at a cultic house church, I turned to music for solace.

Now I realize my mistake in blaming God for the utter blasphemy which the house church leaders taught me. Since I know the truth about the heavenly Father, I want to help others who were wounded by errant teaching.

How I Was Razed is my testimony of the way God led me to the wondrous knowledge of his Word and his character. Contact me for details on how to purchase this book for yourself or somebody you know who suffered in a blasphemous congregation.

Bruce Atchison, cults, idolatry, Kraftwerk, electronic music

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.