Tuesday 20 October 2015

Who Made You an Expert?

Folks often ask this question when they don't accept a person's argument. Even so, it's a fair question when people present their views on God, heaven, and other spiritual matters.

In my case, my authority is the Word of God. It has continually proven itself correct in its prophecies, history, archeology, and it's power to convict us of sin.

The Bible's message is astonishingly consistent. Its sixty-six books were penned over a 1,500-year period by different authors from diverse lands. Furthermore, the texts from ancient fragments of bible books are consistent with what we have in our Bibles today. And unlike what I was taught by a false prophet in a cultic house church, the texts have remained almost totally unaltered  through the thousands of years they have existed.

Some folks might ask, "How do you know that your interpretation is correct?" First of all, Jesus Christ said the Holy Spirit will lead his disciples into all truth. I rely upon those spirit-led men to present the unadulterated revelation from God. When I become puzzled, reliable scholars such as John MacArthur and R. C. Sproul show me what abstruse scriptures mean.

Hermeneutics, the science of interpreting scripture with scripture, is a skill I've learned by way of exceptional Bible scholars. The Word of God must be treated literately, understanding the various genres of the books and of the times they were written in. Idioms are used in the Bible which make no sense when translated into English. Knowing their meaning clears up so many misunderstandings.

I've learned the hard way that not everybody calling himself or herself a Bible teacher is really teaching the scriptures properly. The cannon of scripture was closed in the first century. Any purported revelation since then has been proven false.

In my How I Was Razed testimony, I wrote about the outrageous nonsense which a false prophet taught me and how God led me to the truth. Contact me for details on how to obtain this wondrous memoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.