Tuesday 13 January 2015

A TOOL EVEN BLIND FOLKS CAN USE


It has no digital read out, no screen with text or symbols, yet this handy gadget can tell if alternating current is flowing through a wire. Better yet, it doesn't need to be connected. Just holding the probe  next to the line is enough to cause it to react.

While shopping at a discount store, I decided to buy this handy voltage detector. It wasn't expensive and I felt it might be useful. It certainly did show me its utility when I took it home and tried it out. I was able to tell if power was flowing through wires in my wall as well as through the cords of appliances.

The voltage detector has two ways of alerting its user that electricity is present in a wire. It lights up when in the presence of an electrical field. The device also emits a loud beep.

Though this detector is a handy tool for showing where electrical wires are located behind walls, both home renovators and even average people can make use of this gadget. I can tell that this would be of help to even totally blind individuals. We hear so much today about phantom power losses, what some folks call vampire currents. Those gadgets which we assume are off can still be using electricity. If a person can't see the appliance's indicator light or liquid crystal display, this device makes it possible for power waste detection.

I recommend this product for anybody who is curious about power wastage or if electrical outlets are still connected to the power. It's also fun to use.

I've often mentioned my love of gadgetry in my three memoirs. Check them out at Bruce Atchison's Books, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and/or Powell's Books., Bruce Atchison, voltage detector, blind-friendly tool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.