Tuesday 19 July 2011

CRUEL ACCUSATIONS OF DISABLED PEOPLE.

Believe it or not, some misguided individuals actually blame disabled folks for having handicaps. Some Christian cults even teach their followers that a disability proves that the sufferer is being punished for unconfessed sin, a lack of faith, or ancestral sins. Even today, charismatic preachers, such as Benny Hinn, believe that any sort of deficiency or ailment is a result of the sufferer's insufficient faith to be healed.

In my upcoming How I Was Razed: A Journey from Cultism to Christianity memoir, I wrote about how the minister of that pseudo-church said, behind my back yet, that my lack of healing was due to lust.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"May I borrow the tape of the meeting again?" I asked Sister R after the following Sunday Service.

She hesitated, looked away, and said, "You don't want to hear this."

"How come?" I asked as my frown deepened.

She paused again for a few seconds and bowed her head as she mumbled, "Brother H spoke about you during the meeting."

"Why can't I hear what he said? Don't I have the right to know?"

"Look -- will you promise not to take what he said the wrong way?"

"Yes. I really want to hear what he said about me." Sister R dragged her feet as she fetched the reel from the basement and handed it to me.

As soon as I arrived home, I threaded the tape on the machine. I enjoyed the recording until I heard Sister R ask, "Why isn't Bruce being healed? We've prayed faithfully for him but he still has poor sight."

Brother H drew a long breath and said, "The reason God hasn't given him full sight is because he lusts after it."

I gasped as if he had kicked me in the crotch.

"But can you blame him?" Brother H continued, his voice becoming choked with emotion. "To see his young playmates running around and not being able to join them when he was a child, it's no wonder he wants sight so badly."

Then he opened the scriptures to James 4:1 and read. "From whence come wars and fightings among you? Come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts."

Then he said something that wounded me even deeper. "There is also generational sin in his ancestry. I will not mention the scarlet lady, but we know that God punishes those who hate him to the third and fourth generation. It has been revealed to me that this is a generational sin but I have put a stop to it. His children will not be affected by this curse."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

How I Was Razed is the testimony of the way I was mislead by a cult church, how I turned my back on God after I felt he perennially failed to heal my eyes, and how he graciously brought me to my senses.

My previous books are now available for purchase online by clicking here. You can also click here to e-mail me directly as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.